Hello beauties! I wanted to write a post about what I think are the must-have items for your everyday makeup bag. Think "makeup-on-the-go"! I hope you all enjoy this and find it useful!
1. MAC Studio Fix (or any pressed powder or powder foundation)- for daily touch-ups or for applying quick all-over foundation on the go.
2. Retractable powder brush (Forever 21 $3.80 a must buy!)- for applying your powder quickly. Retractable brushes usually have a cover, which are great to have since a non-covered brush could get crushed in your bag.
3. MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer (or any concealer in stick or "lipgloss" form)- helps when you need more coverage over blemishes or under eyes. Apply concealer first, then powder, especially under your eyes to help "set" the concealer.
4. MAC retractable brow pencil (or any brow pencil)- to darken or fill in brows on the go.
5. ELF All Over Color Stick ($1)- this product can be used on cheeks or lips, but I prefer using it as a creme blush on the go. Apply a few "dots" and then blend up and out with your middle and ring fingers.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner mini in black (or any other liner in black or dark brown)- pencil eyeliner is the easiest to tote and to apply in a hurry. Apply a perfect (or not so perfect) line to upper eyelids and blend/smudge out with your ring finger, if needed.
7. Sephora mascara mini- plain black mascara to help your eyes pop a bit more.
*NOTE* I'm sure all of us have mini-versions of products that we have collected from free gifts or samples, so why not use their size to our advantage to help de-bulk our makeup bags and ultimately our purses?! =)
8. MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink (or any other non-sticky/moisturizing lipgloss)- could even be a tinted lip balm, but definitely something with a little color. I choose Ample Pink time and time again because it is a perfect beige-pink that can be worn alone and still look natural and beautiful.
If you prefer to wear lip liner and lipstick, you can throw these two products in your bag as well, keeping the colors in a neutral pink range so that your lips aren't too overdone. One of my all-time favorite lipsticks from MAC is Faux and I have used this as a cheek color creme blush as well. (Think DMV and finding out I had to take a new pic for my license renewal and I didn't have any makeup on!)
Thanks for spending a few minutes of your day with me and my thoughts! =) <3 you!