Monday, February 21, 2011

Brands I ADORE

Since this is my first beauty blog, I thought it'd be fitting if I shared with you the brands that I adore the most so that you all know what I'm workin' with!  =)  I'll also list the products that I generally go running back to in these brands.

1. MAC- And not just 'cause it's the coolest brand either.  I have been a loyal MAC customer for 14 years now, so I can definitely attest to their quality products.  Must haves: EYESHADOW, BRUSHESlipglass, lipstick, lip pencil, foundation, all powders, blush, mascara, fluidline, moisturizer, face wash...  Let's just say, all of it!  (There are only a few products by MAC that I dislike and I will share those with you sometime in a later blog.)

2. Benefit- Another brand I've used for a LONG time.  Must haves: mascara, blush, lipstick, lipgloss, brow zings, moon beam, high beam. 

3. Nars- I just bought my first products from them and I am completely impressed!  Must haves: lipgloss, blush.

4. Flirt!- Exclusively at Kohl's, this brand will surprise you!  A well-kept secret gem, indeed!  I plan on dedicating an entire blog to it later!  Must haves: eyeshadow, eye liner, lipgloss, lipstick, lip pencil, any gift set ('cause they are such a great buy)!

4. Revlon- I stand behind the drugstore brands as well!  Revlon is actually the first makeup brand I ever used and I still use!  Must haves: makeup brushes, liquid eyeliner, powder bronzer, powder and liquid illuminator, tweezers.

5. Sephora Brand- Let it be known that when I want to try and save money on a certain item, I check out the Sephora Brand item most identical to it and most of the time I am satisfied!  Must haves: BRUSHES, lip pencil, powder.

6. Coastal Scents- I found out about this inexpensive makeup secret on YouTube and I am so ecstatic that I did!  Must haves: BRUSHES, eyeshadow palette, blush palette.

7. Sigma Beauty- I will confess that I do not own any Sigma brushes (yet) because I am set with the brushes that I currently own, BUT I have had the pleasure of ordering and using these amazing brushes, and if I ever do need to replace my brushes, I would certainly not think twice about ordering from them!  Must haves: BRUSHES.

These are just my top favorite brands of makeup and brushes.  Thinking about it now, I do have favorite PRODUCTS from other brands, which I plan to write about in another blog.  If you think I'm missing out on something wonderful, tell me about it!  What are YOUR ultimate favorite brands?!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new blog, theresa!
    i'm not a makeup guru by any means, but lately, i'm liking "my favorite lip balm" from c.o. bigelow. (link: http://www.bigelowchemists.com/product_info.php/products_id/6673)
    and if i want a little color, i'll use the new chubby stick from clinique before applying the lip balm. (link: http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1&CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4901&PRODUCT_ID=PROD16130)
    aside from clinique, my other favorite makeup brand is probably laura mercier. (here's a link to one of my most favorite products: http://www.lauramercier.com/store/shop/Eye-Shadow_Metallic-Cr%E8me-Eye-Colour_prod140026)
    i'm also obsessed with lush, but mostly just their bath products. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy Christine- Thanks for telling us about your faves! I also love C.O. Bigelow! I actually used to work at Bath & Body Works and so I had every single lip balm there! I still love their sugar scrub and use it every now and then! =) Thanks for the tip on Laura Mercier! I know she has high quality makeup as well and I really want to try some of her powders! I really should've added Clinique to the brands that I adore too, although I don't have any Clinique makeup, just skin care... My absolute favorite toner is their mild clarifying lotion- I cannot live without it! And love your LUSH addiction! You actually introduced me to it and I love you for it! Come back and share more anytime!

    ReplyDelete