Friday, February 25, 2011

Make Up For Ever HD Primer vs. L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

Hello lovlies!  So, tonight I wanted to write a review about the two facial primers I tried and put to the test this week.  I think you are all going to be surprised by the results...

Drum roll please...  And the winner is...  L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base!  And it wasn't even a close call.  This drugstore primer is the [IMO] BEST PRIMER ON THE MARKET!  It costs about $11 and it is worth every single penny!

I've used it about 3 times this week, like so...  After washing, toning, and moisturizing, I use a small amount and smooth it lightly over my entire face with my fingertips.  A few minutes later, I apply my foundation (MAC Mineralize Foundation and/or MAC Studio Sculpt).  I usually get ready at about 7:30 am each morning and, here's the amazing part- when I arrived home each night around 7:30 pm, my makeup still looked and felt as though I had just applied it!  I could not believe it!  I literally looked in the mirror and smiled widely because I was so pleasantly pleased with this product!  (Thank you so much Anh for convincing me to buy one!)  I have normal to dry skin and this product is both not too drying or too greasy at all.  The consistency is like a dry cream (if that makes sense) and it makes your skin feel so velvety!  A magic perfecting base indeed!  You ALL should definitely try this product for yourselves!  5 stars.


As for Make Up For Ever HD Primer (neutral) it just didn't impress me at all.  (I actually think this is worse than MAC's Prep & Prime foundation primer- which happens to be one MAC product that I do not like.)  MUFE's primer did nothing to make my skin feel smooth or help my foundation to last.  Thank goodness I got this as a deluxe sample only.  It sells for $32 a bottle and I do not think it is worth that much.  The one good thing about this primer is that is smells wonderful.  Maybe I'll wear it alone one day and hope people can smell it on me!  =)  2 stars.

As a disclaimer, I just want to say that this (and ALL of my other) opinions are just that- OPINIONS.  If you decide that you disagree with me or think I am totally crazy for what I post, I want you to let me know!  I am totally open minded and always want to know I'm using the absolute best products out there, so leave a comment, 'cause I want to know your opinions too!  Thanks!  Goodnight everyone!

Sneak Peek- Next post: Walgreens, Ulta & MAC Acquisitions.  Think "Lady Gaga".  =)

2 comments: